Friday, December 24, 2010

How to Begin

Since I am embarking on a complete lifestyle transformation, this is going to take a lot of work. I am a big believer in making lists so I made a list of the changes I want to make so that I could know where to start. These are the things I will be working on:

Changes:
1. Incorporate more fresh food (fruits and veggies) and less processed foods
2. Limit carb intake (one per day)
3. Replace white with brown (mayo, bread, rice, potatoes, cheese, pasta etc to brown rice, wheat bread, sweet potatoes, wheat pasta,etc)
4. More healthy snacks (almonds, fruit, yogurt, veggies, grains, protein shakes)
5. Limit sugar intake (substitute with honey)
6. Sleep 7 to 8 hours
7. Exercise at least 2-3 times a week
8. Water, water, water!
9. Portion control
10. Start taking vitamins

Overall, I am not looking to accomplish unrealistic goals. I know that I will not always eat just fruits and veggies. I am looking for a way to even out all food groups. I will allow myself chocolate and carbs, but in small moderation. They say everything in moderation is the key to a successful lifestyle change and that will be my motto.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck babe! I will be riding along with you on this wonderful journey. We will come out happier -and thinner!- versions of ourselves :).

    ReplyDelete