Thursday, January 13, 2011

Calorie Count

I recently came across an article about a girl who was incredibly unhappy with the way she looked. She had been layed off and found solace and comfort in food. I know what it's like to find comfort in meals and although I know it's bad for me, the feeling I get from eating something delicious is addicting. This can be very hard to fight off, but I am getting there.

This girl tried every diet under the sun and nothing worked. Eventually, she just made a lifestyle change and she gave herself a limited number of calories to eat each day and when she reached her limit she would not eat any more. She used Calorie Count to keep track of what she ate daily. I think this is a great idea because you learn to eat foods that are more filling and it teaches you self control. She ended up losing 122lbs!! She literally lost another human being!! She looks like a completely different person!



Here are some tips she gave to lose weight:
  • Log everything you eat.
  • Plan ahead.
  • Lean on your support system when you're having trouble.
  • Stay away from processed foods.
  • Allow yourself "less healthy" foods, but in moderation and make sure you factor them into your calorie/nutrient limit.

I definitely think these tips are great and I have been using them already. The end result is amazing and it definitely got me motivated. I started using Calorie Count, which is what she used. So far, they recommend I eat no more than 1200 calories per day. It has been a bit difficult but this website is very helpful because it tells you if you are eating too much fat, sodium, etc or not enough protein, calcium, etc so you can adjust your diet to include healthier options.

Below is the article where I got this information from:

Happier Than I've Ever Been

1 comment:

  1. I love this article as well, stay strong and remember I am here for you through this journey. Love you babe, stay strong, we can do it!

    ReplyDelete